Gerald Ford

Gerald Rudolph Ford (1913 - 2006) was the 38th president of the United States.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.
Gerald Ford

All my children have spoken for themselves since they first learned to speak, and not always with my advance approval, and I expect that to continue in the future.
Gerald Ford

For millions of men and women, the church has been the hospital for the soul, the school for the mind and the safe depository for moral ideas.
Gerald Ford

I have had a lot of adversaries in my political life, but no enemies that I can remember.
Gerald Ford

In all my public and private acts as your president, I expect to follow my instincts of openness and candor with full confidence that honesty is always the best policy in the end.
Gerald Ford

There are no adequate substitutes for father, mother, and children bound together in a loving commitment to nurture and protect. No government, no matter how well-intentioned, can take the place of the family in the scheme of things.
Gerald Ford